Re: update problem

If you installed from tar, the rpm database will not know about the
change.
to make sure, do rpm -e bind
This will remove the installed rpm.  You would then need to make sure that
the new version
is started and working.
I would suggest that you rather get an rpm package and do a
rpm -Uhv bind*rpm to get the new version.
hth
Willem