re: help with wget

A 15:55 22/01/2004 -0800, vous avez écrit :
>wget should be able to copy whole directories with -r

yes, it should, and I expected it to do so

I endly did it with ncftp, which worked perfectly at the first run

when I got your answer I investigated and found that ncftp connected
directly to the ftp site, whereas wget passed throught a proxy (squid). I
configured wget to connect directly too, and then it worked fine too.

so the question is now : how to configure squid and/or wget to have the -r
option working ? I think the problem is on squid's side, as it returns the
ftp directory listing as an index.html page

tia