RE: Multiple mount (mtab) entries for the same NFS volume

> Does anyone understand what's going on here [ see below output from
> 'mount' ] ? Actual access to the file systems works just fine.  If I
> execute e.g. 'unmount /imgproc3', then 'mount' again, there will be one
> /imgproc3 entry left - so to actually unmount the volume in the state
> indicated below, I have to run the same umount command 8 times. 'mount
> -o remount /imgproc3' changes nothing. The client and server are both
> running Red Hat 9. We've seen this a number of times on different hosts.
> It could be that it is a result of rebooting the server, but not the
> client - but NFS is supposed to handle that, isn't it?

Not sure this applies to redhat, but in some other *nix this may happen if
your /etc/fstab (or /etc/vfstab or whater *tab you have on your *nix) is not
formatted correctly (tabs instead of spaces or extra whitespace or things
like that).  And if it were formatted incorrectly so that the mounts failed,
they would remount and leave duplicate /etc/mtab entries.  Again, not sure
if that applies to redhat or not.

Ben Yau