Ed's E-mail problems (was pop won't authenticate my password)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 07:20:25 -0500, Ed McCorduck <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://(www.)McCorduck.ws nor through http://24.24.15.155

From a few quick checks.
McCorduck.ws routes to 24.24.15.155
www.McCorduck.ws does not resolve.
I can also reach the web page as the IP address

So more talk with ISP (about MX settings maybe) and geting the www. to route.
In fact you just want everything for your domain to point to that IP by the sund of it.
The IP may be better suitd to do the DNS (others might like to advise on that)
Also check that sendmail is listerning to the world (as per mail from Stuart).
Also does the machine in question have sole use of the IP address or is there a router involved?
Oh and it would make sense to change the machine name to mccorduck.ws at some point.
Regards Roger