From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ben Yau
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 9:35 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Trace the user access to a certain NFS files system

Hi David.

I don't think there is a command or software out there that can do this right now.  It'd have to be something you write yourself.  Do you want to track this file specific?  filesystem specific ? or user specific?  Also, what would the platforms be for server and for client?  If client is on netware I think there is some sort of NFS cacheing that is done that you might be able to log or monitor.

Depending on if its' file/filesystem/user specific there are probably some ways to get started.  I can't tihink of any simple solution though.

Hi,

            I have a NFS filesystem that I need to monitor, an what I need  is that the system logs and put it in to a file  every time the user access this NFS filesystem  as well as what they did. does anybody have an idea of how can I do this?

Thanks

David