web server issue

I have an unusual problem with our web page. We currently have a web site using Red Hat 7.2 and Apache 1.3

server. We use proftpd for our ftp service. Our users have two logins: one for the htaccess and the other

for the ftp. Once logged in the users are placed in their directory. They can access and open .pdf files

that are posted to their directory.

We have set up a new server using Red Hat 9 and Apache 2.0.40. The server was setup to mirror the old

server. However, when a user logs in, they can see the .pdf files but are unable to open the files. But

the IT director and I can open the .pdf files on our computers. We have tested about 10 other computers

using Microsoft Explorer and the .pdf files will not open on those computers.

Has anyone had any experience like this? Any assistance will be appreciated!

Bill Adkins