Re: Weird Mail Message

you may want to check your /etc/crontab file for consistency - although it
sounds a little like the system crontab file has been used as a template
for another crontab file that is running hourly

(from that crontab man page)
The format of a cron command is very much the V7 standard, with a number
of upward-compatible extensions.  Each line has five time and date
fields, followed by a user name if this is  the  system  crontab file
(end quote)

The line you see below "root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly" is usually found
in the system crontab file and allows the system to set the user that the
command is run as.

you may want to check for this line in /var/spool/cron/* and see if that
entry has accidently been replicated.

if it has then it may be that your system crontab file has had its
location changed (recompile of cron ?) and set to call the system crontab
file - in which case you will also get similar messages daily, weekly and
monthly.

HTH.

--
Steve.