bandwidth sharing

Hi Rudolf,

In this overaboundance of messages I reached this one only today :(

There might be many reasons why this doesn't work, maybe you have 100
Mbit network, instead of 10. Also, shaping to 1 Mbit when you have only
128kbit dedicated link has no sense. I suggest that you read cbq.init
script notes carefully and try to understand all those parameters
described and how to tune them for your situation.

Kaspars

http://www.isolis.lv

----
Hello,
On my RedHat 9 Router I want to shape my bandwid with CBQ, and in my
/etc/sysconfig/cbq/cbq file I have done the following.

DEVICE=eth1,10Mbit,1Mbit
RATE=1Mbit
WEIGHT=1Kbit
PRIO=5
RULE=192.168.10/24

But after /etc/rc.d/init.d/cbq start I dont see any changes. the speed is
the same.
Could you tell me what else I have to do?
Thanks in advance.

Rudolf