RE: Help Me with shell script please

> Obviously, the person you run this as affects the From header.  If you
> need more refined control over the From (say, for spamming... gak!), you
> could use Mail::Internet.
>
> perl -e 'open(LIST, "address.txt"); while (<LIST>) { open(MAIL,
> "|mail -s \"subject goes here\" $_"); print MAIL "message goes
> here"; close(MAIL); } close(LIST);'

I'm curious.

How does the above give you more refined control of the "From" line?  I have
not used Mail::Internet module before so I'm not familiar with how it works.
Your perl command seems ot just be a wrapper around the mail command.  I'm
sure there's more to it than that.  Does the Mail::Internet mod itself know
how to grab your real name from /etc/passwd ?

That would be very helpful.

In the past I have just used sendmail in my script to have better control of
the headers.  Does the perl module have similar control ?

Looks like when I have time I should check out the Mail::Internet
documentation eh?

Ben Yau