Re: Iptables-restore

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:08:40 -0800, Robert Denton wrote:

> Okay, rpm -V lokkit gets the same result.  It claims that package lokkit is
> not installed, however, simply typing lokkit at the command line launches
> lokkit 0.50.  What do you think I should do?

First you should consider replying _below_ quotes, because that makes it
easier to follow multiple threads at once and increases the likelihood
that more knowledgable people read your messages.

Seems your RPM database is broken when packages such as iptables and
lokkit cannot be found in it. Try querying it a bit, e.g. with

  rpm --query --all --last | less

Also have a look into /var/lib/rpm. If the "Packages" file and other files
within are not several Megabytes huge, you may have killed your RPM
database somehow.