Re: require and authentication software

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Bilal Dar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know exactly how to search for my required software. I have two
> Cisco access servers with 16 analog modem ports on each. I want to
> authenticate my users using some software, I know I need radius or
> tacacs for authentication.

There are a number of free radius implementations out there that you could
try, freeradius (http://www.freeradius.org) may be a good place to start,
you may also wish to consider Radiator from http://www.open.com.au which
is lauded as the best radius server about (its commercial but open source
and very good for what it appears you are trying to do)

> But mostly our users subscribe with us for one or two months. I want a
> software which can give us web based interface for adding deleting
> accounts. When users pays for his subscription I can simply set the date
> when the account will expire. Send an email automatically to the user 5
> days before his account expire.

Depending on what you are after you may end up having to get a full blown
account management system - there are free ones out there to do this (for
the life of me I cant think of the names of any of them) but most of the
ones that do anything useful are commercial and NOT cheap.

Many smaller ISP's simply end up writing their own system to provide this
sort of functionality to staff and customers - to provide the facilities
you list here it shouldn't take someone that knows databases, web
scripting and RADIUS that long to throw something together.

--
Steve.