Re: How to switch between gnome and kde?

On January 9, 2004 02:47 pm, Dave Martini 1 wrote:
> If installing RHEL 3 and installing both gnome and kde how do I switch
> between the two at bootup?
>
> Also, which does everyone prefer and why?
>
> I have a 2 gig memory, 100gig drive Dell.
>
> Thanks much.
> David Martni

Hi,
I see the 'how to switch' has been covered.

I always use KDE for two reasons. One Konsole is an awsome terminal and
although you can use it in GNOME, some of the resizing features (and others?)
do not work fully. Second, I cannot live without the KDE Klipper clipboard
and I have never had it work correctly in GNOME. Klipper can store upto 25
clipboard items and has several cool features.

I'm sure there are compelling reasons for GNOME but every time I use it I find
I miss those two features. Also, mostly because I am familiar with it, I find
KDE way easier to configure (but again I have limited time in GNOME).
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce