RE: giving users their own http logs

Ben Yau <mailto:byau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    on Friday, January 09, 2004 12:17 PM said:

> 1) keep the original log intact and provide copies to the users with
> only their relevant entries?

> 3) provide the logs in real time

Those two fit what I want.

The whole reason I brought this up was because when I'm logged in under
a regular user (not root) and something goes wrong with the site I'm
working on I have to 'su -' and examine the logs and then 'exit' back.
It was just getting annoying. ;)

> Alternatively you could probably write a much cleaner (and more
> thorough and less resource intensive ) script in Perl.  If you need
> more pointers on this let me know

This would be great but please don't trouble yourself over it. (I don't
really know anything about writing perl so any help would be great.)

Thanks,
Chris.