RE: giving users their own http logs

Zhao, Charles <mailto:charles.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>
    on Friday, January 09, 2004 11:45 AM said:

> I don't have a ready solution but here is my thinking: the best would
> be have your app server do the logging, however, most app servers
> cannot be configured to write logs in such a fashion.  Therefore, you
> would need to write a separate class or any kind of application to
> handle the logging within the session.

I don't understand this.

What do you mean by app server? Are you just referring to whatever
server (in this case apache) is doing the logging?

And what do you mean by "need to write a separate class or any kind of
application" do you mean something within php or something in C?

> I do have a question about the idea, though.  If you have a large
> number of users, how would you arrange and manage the log directories?

By hand?

I believe apache can include files within httpd.conf? Assuming it can
you could write a little web frontend that modifies a simple text file
which is in turn included within httpd.conf.

Chris.