Re: Why does the kernel build fail out of the box?

On January 4, 2004 03:39 pm, rh9@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> up2date provided the source and binaries for 2.4.20-27.9
>
> I want to build from source the binary kernel which was
> installed, since I have been having problems running a built
> kernel, even though I have been building UNIX kernels since 1979.
>
> It is failing, and I have documented the process below.  Comments?

Hi,
I just tried recompiling the Fedora 1 kernel using 'make xconfig' and had
pretty well the same results. I tried it twice, same thing.

Then I redid everything but used 'make menuconfig' (instead of xconfig) and it
appears to have compiled properly. (it's still grinding thru modules, so I'll
finish it up tomorrow, but it has finished making the new image.)
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce