RE: managing passwords

> hi.
>
> now that i've installed a second linux server (i also have 5 windows
> servers) i find myself having to remember a ton of passwords (by ton i
> mean more than my own brain can deal with) and usernames.
>
> how do you people deal with this?
>
> do you use the same password on similar accounts? i.e. same password for
> all your root accounts, all your mysql root account, etc.
>
> do you use a password manager?
>
> are all your passwords blank? :P

How many user accounts/passwords do you have to remember?
Everywhere I have worked I've only known two passords (maybe a few more) .
my unix uesrname, and root.  Occasoinally I would remember a third (windows
login) as I didn't want my windows and unix logins to be the same.

I'm working somewhere new now. This is my 5th company, and it's the first
one that actually has different passords for root per machine (ACK!).  This
one we have an unsafe way of keeping track which is a file which is
accessible only via password .
But anyway, I'm staring to remember quite a few of them now that I've been
on the machines a bit more.

Cheers-
Ben Y