Re: RH9 & Compaq Install problem

On January 5, 2004 12:05 am, Ken Cole wrote:
> Thank you Pete,
>
> F3 says:
>
> error trying to mount device /dev/hda
>
> F4 says:
>
> unable to identify cd-rom format
>
> Now just before it trys to detect the cd-rom it loads cciss, compaq raid
> driver I think, as this server has a raid controller with thre drives in a
> raid 5 configuration.
>
> How do I get the iso images from the cd's onto a *nix server?  I know how
> to NFS export/mount the data from there.
>
> Ken

Hi Ken,
Is the CD on the primary master? because that is what hda indicates, if that
is the wrong device, can you explicitly list it when it asks for the location
of the source? as in /dev/hdc for sec. master.

For the NFS install, there are two ways you could do it. You could download
the .iso images into an exported directory (the install will mount the iso
images) or if you don't want to get the iso's, then you can copy cd 1 into an
exported dir, then add the rpm's from the other 2 cd's into the RPMS dir.
On all 3 cd's the rpm's are in <cd-mount-point>/RedHat/RPMS

--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce