Re: how to configure iptables for samba

Jason Dixon wrote:

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 09:25, linux wrote:

Hi everybody,
I am using rh9 on my box to connect to internet through lan. IP table is
configure to drop all the connections except those initiated by this
computer effectively allowing one sided communication.
I would request someone to help me to setup iptables for samba so that i
could receive only winpopup messages sent by fellow users over the lan. We
dont use samba shares but messaging somebody over the lan is of great help.
Thanking in advance.
Sooraj

What protocol(s)/port(s) does winpopup use?

winpopup uses the nbt sessions to transmit messages. if u made adjustments and samba works so should winpopup