Re: Apache/Redhat Simple AuthType Basic not working :( help please

Hello Ben Yau,
   It seems like your configuration is correct, that's why your log file
didn't
return any error message, 'coz the setting is to ignore it.
   Try to add:
<Directory />
AllowOverride Limit AuthConfig
</Directory>
   Then in your .htaccess located in your directory:
AuthType Basic
AuthName "ReportsAutoRebates"
AuthUserFile /home/www/reports.auto-rebates.com/.rarpasswd
Require valid-user

    Hope this helps.

Regards,
Simon.

--
Simon Tneoh Chee-Boon     Gen-X Technology Sdn. Bhd.
http://www.gen-x.com.my    http://www.tneoh.zoneit.com/simon/