Spamassassin whitelisiting help

Hey there.

SpamAssassin is missing more and more real SPAM hits, and flagging more and more legitimate mails slowly over time on my server.

As an experiment, I tried blacklisting everything in my user_prefs files, and simply whitelisting people I knew i.e

blacklist_from	*@*
whitelist_from	my_wife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
..
..

etc.

This works fantastic, except for the RedHat list. Because the mail doesn't appear to come from redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx, I can't whitelist it.

I then read about the whitelist_to function thinking it was the answer, so I added:

whitelist_to redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx

this was (part of) the result:

SPAM: USER_IN_WHITELIST_TO (-6.0 points) User is listed in 'whitelist_to'
SPAM: USER_IN_BLACKLIST (100.0 points)From: address is in the user's black-list

the whitelist_to directive only gets a weighting of 6 points, whereas the blacklist_from directive gets a weighting of 100.

Is there any way to set that whitelist_to directive to a higher value so it cancels out the blacklist_from?

Sorry for sounding dumb, but I'm still new to SpamAssassin, as it was excellent when I first installed it, but the spammers are getting too clever.

Regards,
Ed.