Re: Possibly Hacked

At 15:30 1/2/2004, you wrote:
I am unable to look at the logs at the moment since I don't have a cdrom attached and can't break root.

If you're at the console, boot into single-user mode (hit 'e' to edit the GRUB command line, then add "single" to the kernel line, or type "linux single" at the boot prompt with LILO). This will bring up the system without networking and drop you into a command prompt as root without asking for a password.

Check first that you haven't run out of disk space. Then check the output of the "last" command and check the logs.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com