Re: [SOLVED] Updated web page, but seeing older one?

>I am not sure whether that happens or not. Regardless, think back for a
>moment: how is this in any way related to the thread under discussion? I
>have three Linux servers at home, one of which I use to check my pages
>while I'm developing. I then upload everything to a test/staging server to
>make sure it works well on an environment as close as possible to what my
>webserver has on it. Finally, I rsync the pages to the production server.

It is a little off-topic.  It is still dealing with how packets are routed.

>You can test your question, by the way: set up your firewall to block all
>HTTP requests to your external address, but let Apache listen on that
>interface. Now, generate a request for a page on that outside IP address.
>If it gets serviced internally, you'll get a page; if not, you won't.

With firestart I had to block all requests from my IP.  Yes, the request was
blocked.  But, does that really prove anything?  I'd have to dig into how
the firewall (IPchains) deals with the internals of packet routing.  I'd
have to talk with someone who knows a lot more about the internal workings
of packet routing.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@xxxxxxxxxx                                /~\ The ASCII