Re: 4tb partition on Linux

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 03:43:30PM -0600, Price, Jason wrote:
> I am in the process of building a RedHat Advanced Server 3 box with a 4tb
> LVM volume attached to it.  I've never worked with a volume of this size
> before (and am not that experienced with Linux), and am wondering what
> issues I might run into in using volume/filesystem this large.  The plan is
> for a single filesystem on the volume that will house very large files.
>
> Can I format a 4TB filesystem as ext3?
>
> Any advice on how best to set this up would be most appreciated.

You might want to post the specifics of what you're trying to do to the
taroon list.  This was discussed a while back and you can see Arjan van
de Ven's response in this thread:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/taroon-list/2003-October/msg00059.html

The short answer looks to me that 4TB won't work.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx