RE: Screwed my inittab/runlevel

Just curious but how does a reset button help a fragged init file?

"missing action" probably means there isn't a valid "action" field.
The fields are in this order:

id:runlevel:ACTION:process

Check the third column in these fields.
Here is a somewhat "default" initfile and you can compare it with what you
have (comments excluded).  If you have id fields in your inittab file that I
haven't listed here, you can probably just put "off" for now at least to get
it up and running.

id:3:initdefault:
si::sysinit:/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
l0:0:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 0
l1:1:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 1
l2:2:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 2
l3:3:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 3
l4:4:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 4
l5:5:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 5
l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6
ud::once:/sbin/update
pf::powerfail:/sbin/shutdown -f -h +2 "Power Failure; System Shutting Down"
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4