Re: cups + winxp

IT Clown wrote:

Hi all

i am having trouble printing to my linux shared printer
from winxp. I can print from command prompt to the linux
shared printer but when i want to print from with in winxp
i cannot. The error_logg is as follows:

print_job:unsupported format 'application/octet-stream'!
hint: do you have the raw file printing rules enabled?

Where do i enable the raw printing rule?

Regards
Look Good, Feel Good www.healthiest.co.za

Hi IT,

I'm using cups with printing from wk2 and ME. Look under /etc/cups directory. You need to edit both the mime.convs and mime.types file. You will find the lines that you need to uncomment toward the bottom of both these files. After uncommenting both restart cups and everything should work.

HTH.

Lee