some aplications cannot establish p2p connection

Hello folks..., A few weeks ago I change from RedHat
7.3 to RedHat 9 in my server. This computer establish
a conection to internet using an ADSL through squid
like a proxy and iptables like a firewall. But there
are some applications no working in others computers
with "windows me", like kazaa or the view cameras
option in the messengers (yahoo and msn). This options
works very well with redhat 7.3 in the server but no
works in the redhat 9.

I would use both applications, squid and iptables or I
would use only one of them?

How can I resolve this problem?

=====
Saludos desde México