Old style 'ls'

Hi,
A few versions ago the ls command changed the way it displays results. It
moved from the traditional ".,#,A,a" format to one that more resembles the
dos sort order. I notice listings at redhat.com still use the old sort!

Anyway, as I recall, the old style sort went away with version 7. I had
archived an old /bin/ls and happily replaced it on any systems I was using
but as of version 8, replacing /bin/ls does not restore the old sort order.

I work with Sun and Red Hat boxes and having a unified display for dir's etc
would make life a lot easier.

Does anyone know how to fix 'ls' so it uses the old sort?
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce