Re: Second try: rhn-applet-gui disappears

Dick Roth wrote:

I should have put it this way:  while rhn-applet-gui appears to be
running, the icon that should be in the panel has vanished.

Hi--

The rhn-applet-gui that notifies of pending updates via an icon in the
panel disappears.  Though it shows up as a process when restarted, it
refuses to appear.  Has anyone else had this problem and found a cure?

I'm running RH9 on i686.

Thanks,
Dick

Hey Dick,

When this happens to me, I just go to System Tools and Right click on Red Hat Alert Icon and it will place it back in the System tray.

HTH.

Lee Perez