Re: ipop3d timeouts

From: "Ken Rossman"
> Anyone out there using the default Linux-supplied "ipop3d" daemon to
> receive POP mail from a linux mail server?  I've just started using
> ipop3d on a server here, but have been getting regular timeouts,
> especially with XP clients.  Anyone else run into this sort of thing?

Some thing you can try:
1a. You're running a reasonably patched server right?
1. Is your system reasonable fast with appropriate memory?
2. Does your system have heavy disk i/o, thus bogging down the system?
3. You may want to up the timeout connection value in your mail clients.
Some defaults to 30 sec, change to 60.
4. Restart xinted service and see if that helps for a short while.
5. Is /tmp and other dirs locally mounted - not a NFS mounted?
6. Is DNS resolving okay from the server?

-eric wood