Re: password confirmation

Interesting.  I will experiment with that.   One thing is that most of my
users have a shell  of  '/bin/false' so I don't know if I can "su"  in that
scenario...

I also downloaded a program called 'checkpassword' which looks promising;
but maybe more utility than I have use for.
http://cr.yp.to/checkpwd/interface.html