Re: man path problem

On December 15, 2003 06:48 pm, Michael Sullivan wrote:
> I've got a question about the man pages.  On my cron problem a lot of
> you told me to check the man pages.  I couldn't find any man pages for
> cron.  I couldn't find any man pages for anything, so I think there's a
> shell variable somewhere that needs to be set.  I checked the $MANPATH
> variable, but the only location in it was the one that the Qt
> documentation told me to set.  I have included the code that Qt told me
> to insert into /etc/profile:
>
> if [$MANPATH]
> then
>    MANPATH=$QTDIR/man:$MANPATH
> else
>    MANPATH=$QTDIR/man
> fi
>
> Please help me!!!
>
> -Michael Sullivan-

Michael,
It looks like the QT instructions made a lot of assumptions as far as how man
was maintained. You should try removing the QT manpath from profile, and
clearing that info with
$ MANPATH=""
then have a look at /etc/man.config
It is auto generated, but looks like you can add a line for QT.

--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce