Re: mounting nfs

On 12:57 14 Dec 2003, IT Clown <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| when i add my mount point to my fstab file and i manualy
| mount the nfs share with root it works but when i mount it
| with a normal user it says only root can mount the nfs
| share.I did give the normal user access to the nfs
| share.How will i let a normal user mount the nfs share?
|
| fstab:
|
| pc:/share /mnt/mntpoint nfs noauto,rw 0 0

Add the "user" option to the flags:

	pc:/share /mnt/mntpoint nfs noauto,rw,user 0 0

"man fstab" says:

       The  fourth  field, (fs_mntops), describes the mount options associated
       with the filesystem.

       It is formatted as a comma separated list of options.  It  contains  at
       least  the type of mount plus any additional options appropriate to the
       filesystem type.  For documentation on the available options  for  non-
       nfs  file systems, see mount(8).  For documentation on all nfs-specific
       options have a look at nfs(5).  Common for all types of file system are
       the options ``noauto'' (do not mount when "mount -a" is given, e.g., at
       boot time), ``user'' (allow a user  to  mount),  and  ``owner''  (allow
       device  owner to mount), and ``_netdev'' (device requires network to be
       available).  The ``owner'' and ``_netdev'' options are  Linux-specific.
       For more details, see mount(8).

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The impossible we understand right away - the obvious takes a little longer.