Re: mac address of eth device

ifconfig eth0

On Dec 12, 2003 09:29 AM, anil  garrepally <anilgarrepally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any system call available for getting the MAC address of ethernet interface. I need it in my program.
>
> Anil.

Regards / Met vriendelijke groet,
Arden B. Norder
Nordix Consulting en Automatisering
Menno van Coehoornstraat 12
Sloten, 8556 AR
THE NETHERLANDS

Mob: +31 (0) 6 2148 7568
Tel: +31 (0) 514 531 382
Fax: +31 (0) 514 531 197

Nordix is a SuSE Linux Premium Partner.

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
distributing it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, these
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the Nordix mail domain.
Always scan attachments before opening them!!!
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Norder;Arden;;Director
FN:Arden Norder
ORG:Nordix Consulting en Automatisering;
NOTE:
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+31(0)514 531 382
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+31(0)6 2148 7568
TEL;PAGER;VOICE:
TEL;WORK;FAX:+31(0)514 531 197
ADR;WORK:;;Menno van Coehoornstraat 12;Sloten;Fryslân;8556 AR;NL
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Menno van Coehoornstraat 12=0D=0ASloten, Fryslân 8556 AR=0D=0AD
URL;WORK:www.nordix.nl
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:anorder@xxxxxxxxx
MAILER:SuSE Linux Openexchange Server 4
END:VCARD