Re: installing vss with wine

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 01:21:12AM +0200, sting sting wrote:
> Hello,
> I had installed wine on RedHat linux.
>
> Now, when I run wine notepad , the notepad app is opened.
> I had copied VSS setup to the linux machine.
> I tried to install vss (MS Visual Source Safe) by typing , from the
> VSS setup directory ,
> "wine setup"
> and I got the following
> messages:

There are a lot of things that don't work on wine, and some things that
work sorta halfway and a few that work fairly well. This is NOT to
denigrate the efforts of the wine team members,... reimplementing the
Win32 API on a different platform is a herculean task, made worse by
the fact that the target is always moving.

You may wish to check at winehq.org to see if anyone else has had
any successes at what you're doing.