Spam Filtering and Virus Protection

I was wondering if someone could point me to some documentation that explains how to setup a separate server to do spam filtering and virus scanning on all incoming email.  I have a Windows machine that I do most of my work on and use Outlook to check all of my email accounts (something like 15).  I have a Redhat 7.3 box setup that I would like to use to scan all my emails before it gets to my Windows box.  I have found howto's on the web that explain how to setup procmail and spamassassin on the actual box that is used to read email.  I would like to setup some sort of email proxy server.  Basically, I would like the Redhat machine to go out to my POP3 mailboxes on a remote server and download all my mail.  Then I would like it scanned for spam and viruses.  Finally, I want Outlook to connect to the Redhat box to grab the sanitized mail.  I am pretty sure this is possible, but I just haven't been able to find the documentation that I am looking for.  Any help would be great!
ly appreciated.

Thanks