From: John Nichel [mailto:jnichel@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 10:54 PM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Apache 2.0.40 and PHP 4.2.2

Jason Dixon wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 22:17, John Nichel wrote:
>

>>But the PHP group strongly recommends that you do NOT use any version of
>>PHP with Apache2 in a production enviroment.  They recommend that you
>>stick with the 1.3.x versions of Apache.
>

> Makes sense, but neither LCL nor the the 3rd party company has mentioned
> which versions of which packages are "experimental".  We're running a
> little short on details.

According to the PHP website....

"Do not use Apache 2.0 and PHP in a production environment neither on
Unix nor on Windows."

I don't link the RPM version/package makes any difference.  I can't
remember exactly why, but I think it had something to do with
multi-threading.

--
By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush