openssl and apache port 80 and 443

Hi all,

I have configure apache with openssl and php.
My httpd.conf are defining the same host on port 80 and 443.
The host are responding for http://host.com.br and https://host.com.br

The main problem is my .htaccess that isn't working for redirect http pages
to https

my .htaccess is like this:
<IfModule !mod_ssl.c>
Redirect permanent / https://host/forms/sec_login.php
</IfModule>

PHP4.3.3RC3
Apache1.3.29
Openssl0.9.7c

Does someone could help me why this redirect isn't working?
Is there a way if the user type in the adress bar a page http the browse
redirect to a https page?

Best Regards,

Diego Brito Veiga
Technical Publications