URGENT: HELP WITH SETTING UP PHP & MYSQL

I am very green on Linux, I have access database for
doing data entry work. I want to stop using Microsoft
product and that's why I decided to move to php and
Mysql.

I install the red hat 9.0 OS on my system. Then I run
a query to see if the PHP and mysql rpm is install via
rpm -q and found out that php4 and mysql is installed.
Then I edit the httpd.conf file and start the httpd
service along with mysql.

This is what I add in the httpd.conf file:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
AddType application/x-httpd-php4 .php4

It is not working. What else need to change to make
the PHP work?

Any help is apprecitae!

Thanks
Dali