From: Billy Davis [mailto:bdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 11:46 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: How to detect spammers?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Staudenmayer" <jasons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 10:34 AM

> Start by making sure your not a open relay. Then check your maillog for
> outside connections sending email outside of your domain (relaying). It
> would also help if we knew what MTA you have running.

The maillog has entries that coincide with the suspected spam transmission
times.  Also, the entries include 'mailer=relay' and 'relay=[127.0.0.1]'.
We
do not use the RH Server for mail at all, but I did notice that 'sendmail'
is
enabled, so I disabled it.  What else do we need to do?

Thanks,
Bdavis