gnome

First I'd like ti apologize, because I already sent
this question, but wasn't able to recieve answers. If
someone answered I'd like to ask if he could do it
again:

When I start gnome (after login RH9) I get the
following massage:

Could not look up internet adress for..
This will prevent GNOME from operating correctly.
It may be possible to correct the problem by adding
. to the file /etc/hosts.

I checked for the line "127.0.0.1
localhost.localdomain localhost" and it is there. My
internet connection (via router) is also OK. Does
anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanks
Simon