RE: Samba PDC and logout scripts

I've used that feature and afaik it worked all the time. I had my script
unmount a Novell share for the user. Never had a problem with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Edwin Humphries [mailto:edwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 11:40 PM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Samba PDC and logout scripts

We're thinking of setting up a hotel business centre using samba as a PDC to

dynamically create user accounts, allow/disallow user access and time usage,
using
samba login and logout prompts. Sounds really simple and elegant, but when a
user
logs out of the windows machine, will samba always execute the required
logout
script? How reliable is this? (It has to be, as we're envisaging it as the
basis for
billing).

Edwin Humphries,
Ironstone Technology Pty Ltd