Re: Telnet problem

On Thursday 04 December 2003 02:16 am, geeta@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have installed telnet server and also said disable = no,
> but still i am unable to telnet to redhat 8 machine.This is the message
> I get when I telnet to it from other machine or from the same
> machine.

What's the /var/log/message and /var/log/secure in the telnet server says,
right at the time you attemp to telnet to it?

Make sure also you don't have firewall (ie. ip table) blocking the telnet port
(23).

OTOH, why do you need telnet anyway? SSH is much better and much secure. You
may not want telnet after all.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja