Pl2303 hardcore locking up my Dell i8200 notebook with USB peripherals other than mouse

I returned the Deluo USB GPS and they sent me a Serial vesion that works
great. Now, interestingly, I just tried to use a USB multi-card (SF/SD/etc)
and it locks up too! So I wonder if this is the same problem? What I don't
understand is that I use a Microsoft Intellimouse USB optical and it works
flawlessly. Both ports are right next to each other on my notebook. I can
swap the mouse and it still works. And converseley, if I put the GPS or now
the CF reader in the normal mouse port, it locks up too... So what gives?
;-)

Daevid Vincent
http://daevid.com