Re: up2date fails due to space limitations in /boot

Broadcast IT wrote:
Anyone have any cleanup suggestions for me on what I can delete from this
volume to make room for up2date to do its thing? In listing the directory
contents, I see a whole bunch of versions of the same files...is it safe
to get rid of all but the most recent of each?

Thanks,

Stuart

How many kernels do you have loaded? Do a

# rpm -qa|grep kernel

If you have more than, say two, you might consider deleting them:

# rpm -e kernel-2.xxx

where kernel-2.xxx is one of the older kernel listed in the previous command. Do that for all the old kernels you don't want to keep, and that should free up space in your /boot partition.

HTH,
Bill Tangren