Re: NPTL static link CORE DUMP

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 08:28:23PM -0800, Thanapol Rojanapanpat wrote:
> Hello,
> I use RedHat Linux AS 3.0. I try to write test program that will only create 500 thread, and link it by NPTL in static mode. The compilation result is ok, but an error Segmentation Fault (core dump) occurs when I run it.
>

> What is the cause of this error? Please, tell me.

It's not possible to say since we have no evidence.

If you want our advice, I suggest you make the SHORTEST possible program
that shows the problem (less than 100 lines if at all possible) then
post it here with a detailed description of the failure.

Most of us, when we pare down a program for that purpose, end up finding
the bug in the program by the time we've finished the exercise.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked