samba problem updated

I pin pointed the problem to a security issue.

Apparently the use or Administrator group must own the profile directory, but
if I change the profile path to /home/user/%u then that current owner does
own the directory ( i did do a chown just to be sure).

Sooo

According to M$ when SP 4 is installed on 2k pro...

"In the released version of Windows XP (before Service Pack 1), and versions
of Windows 2000 earlier than Service Pack 4 (SP4), Windows does not check the
permissions of the target roaming profile folder if it already exists when a
roaming user profile is created. This behavior might permit an individual to
create another user's roaming profile folder in advance and to set
permissions that might permit the creator of the folder to visit the folder
later. The creator might then be able to modify the user's roaming user
profile, or to deny access to the legitimate user."

Sooooo  the question now being:   How the hell do I make this work?

All the fixes I found by MS  to edit the group policy, but doesn't that
require Active directory?

p.s MS's tech note is here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327462

Thanx in advance