Re: up2date ssl cert doesn't workhttps://rhn.redhat.com/

On Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003, at 20:44 America/New_York, Dick Roth wrote:

Had a similar problem. Couldn't satisfy dependencies. Finally download
the certificates (procedure also at rhn.redhat.com but further down
page), installed them according to directions and that took care of it.

Dick

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 20:35, mikeheggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I tried that already...nothing seems to work, I have no idea what's wrong. I even tried, "wget -q -O - https://rhn.redhat.com/help/new-cert.sh | /bin/bash", but that tells me "The file /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT has already been updated. No further action is necessary."
But it didn't fix it!

Go to this url and read the instructions https://rhn.redhat.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of mikeheggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 6:26 PM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: up2date ssl cert doesn't work

Nothing else is needed. Can you elaborate on the problem? Have you
gone through the registration process by running rhn_register? What's
the output of 'rpm -q up2date'? Mine is up2date-3.1.23.2-1 . In the
future, error messages are more useful to the list for debugging than
us trying to find where you went astray in the list of things you did
try.

hth,
Jurvis LaSalle

Sorry for the lack of info. The output from rpm -q up2date is: up2date-
3.1.23.2-1. I already tried running rhn_register with root, and a bunch
of ssl errors show up in the xterm. I know many other people had this
problem, but for them it seemed to be fixed after they installed the
update...

I just finished installing RH9 on a new box. I installed the up2date rpms just as you did (-Fvh) and was able to use up2date with no other steps or hullabaloo. What happens when you run up2date? Does it actually fail?

hth,
Jurvis LaSalle