Re: up2date ssl cert doesn't work

On Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003, at 18:36 America/New_York, mikeheggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello,
I just installed Redhat Linux 9 on my new computer, and tried using up2date. I
found out I need the new version, with the new certificate. I downloaded the two rpms, typed it in the same
command (rpm -Fvh up2date-*), but didn't help. I also tried (wget -q -O - https://rhn.redhat.com/help/new-cert.sh
| /bin/bash), but that didn't fix the problem either.

Is there anything else that needs to be patched or installed for this to work?

Thank you
Mike

Nothing else is needed. Can you elaborate on the problem? Have you gone through the registration process by running rhn_register? What's the output of 'rpm -q up2date'? Mine is up2date-3.1.23.2-1 . In the future, error messages are more useful to the list for debugging than us trying to find where you went astray in the list of things you did try.

hth,
Jurvis LaSalle