Re: GeForce 5200 and Fedora core

I've so far resisted installing it. Currently I'm working with Debian, SUSE and Free/OpenBSD. This has motivated me to broaden my horizens. And yes I've already been beaten up about this in my LUG mail list. Apparently I'm not well favored for voicing my concerns. So be it.

I have heard many people speaking about problems with Fedora and video cards. Weird. I have a Geforce 4 5200 running just fine with RedHat 7, 8 and 9. No problems.

What version of the compiler does Fedora come with? You should think about downloading the latest gcc from the web and try it out. Perhaps that will resolve the issue you are encountering. Just a thought.

I have installed the Fedora core (no updates yet) and attempted to get X
running with my GeForce 5200.  The Nvidia script runs and complains about
the compiler version.

What do I need to do? This is straight out of the box...

You probably have better luck asking in the fedora-list. IIRC, there was a discussion about nvidia driver recently. Also, the person from redhat that maintain the XFree86 stuffs is in fedora list. You may want to check the archive.

RDB