Re: DNS/BIND oddness

On Friday, November 21, 2003, at 09:35 AM, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
1) I can't remember where I read it, but IIRC, you can only have domain
or search, not both. They perform the same function, except that search
allows for multiple domain searches in later versions of bind. Don't
bother with the domain directive, just use search.

I think I remember reading this also (or something like it). I have both
of the O'Reilly books, "DNS & BIND" and "DNS & BIND Cookbook", and somewhere
in there, the functions and differences of those are explained. I'll have
to go back and look at that again.

I'll go fix my resolv.conf files now too and experiment a bit.  In any
case, "dig" with "+search" works as advertised.